Thursday, July 28, 2011

Once Upon a Sketch July 15th Challenge

Here's my layout for my first participation on Once Upon a Sketch. The requirement in addition to the sketch is; Journalling Criteria - your journalling has to be a quote (handwritten, printed, rub on etc). My quote is an anonymous quote picked up randomly online realted to GRANDPARENTS; "Grandparents are a delightful blend of laughter, caring deeds, wonderful stories and love!" My layout features Lucas with his paternal grandma and grandpa taken early this year.

Using PP Daily Junque for the background and CC Odds & Ends in the centre. Butterflies stamps are Jenny Bowlin (big) and Martha Stewart (small) plus lotsa Prima flowers, some netting, a doily, a corrugated sheet and lace trim. The flourish is Basic Elements painted with Mister Huey's mist, I used the same flourish to create the background masking.


The July 15th Sketch on Once Upon a Sketch - such an inspirational sketch!



Thanks for looking! Hope you like it :) Have a lovely day!

12 comments:

Blossom inch said...

loving the background and everything on this page, fabulous layout! You really good on mixing all those embellishments and love those butterflies.

Heather Jacob said...

S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G. .. LOVE THE BACKGROUND and the detail is awesome .. hugz x
thanks for playing with us ...

Nadia Cannizzo said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love it. Thank you SO very much for playing along with us. Your very first entry at our site is just stunning :o)

sandi said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Marina I absolutely love this! You totally rocked the sketch! The misting along with your mix looks stunning! So happy to see you play along at OUAS!
Hugs!

Kim C said...

Marina, this layout is absolutely stunning and beautiful! I have never tried making a layout. Too scared! But I vow I shall start soon. Maybe I should start with sketches eh? love love love this!

Karen Shady said...

beautiful layout. Love what you did with the sketch

Marina said...

Thanks for all the LOVE!!! Have a great weekend! :)

SiskiyouSue said...

Your work is beautiful! I saw you on Cardabilities and thought I'd enjoy seeing more of your cards. I'm looking for inspiration and think I might learn from you? I'm a new follower.

phamil said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the butterflies and all your beautiful special touches on this pretty page! Glad you could join us and use the sketch!!! Great job!

knopkiniukai said...

Wonderful Lo!
Cherubs

Natalie Elphinstone said...

WOW! I love this. The dark background makes everything look so elegant :-)

Irma said...

your work is divine!

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.