Their second challenge is for "Trinket Box" so I rummaged through my hoard of stuff (and I have alot of rubbish!) and guess what I found... my old sunglasses box. It's a lovely box; sturdy built, good quality, perfectly pristine inside and outside but sitting there untouched for almost two years. Time for some 'upcycling' :)
So here's what I made of it ..... sorry Gucci!!! :P
|View from the top. As you might recognize, the images are Graphic45 Steampunk Debutante.|
|This is the front view. Bible verse stamp; Technique Tuesday. It's an apt verse; any day I can craft is indeed a day to rejoice and be glad :)|
|This is the back view. Sentiment came from the same stamp set as above. Flourish stamps; Inkadinkado Chandelier stamps.|
Here are some close-ups:
|Image is distressed and matted on black paper which is also distressed and painted with Jo Sonja's gold paint around the edges. I highlighted the top of the image with some glitter Stickles.|
|The other end of the box; French script stamp; TH Stampers Anonymous, small paper rose; Prima's Botanical Sugar Bloom.I decorated the image with some glitter stickles and liquid pearls.|
|Close-up of the image on one of the sides. The brass clock charm is from Yew Buttons (local haberdashery) tied with jute twine.|
|Huge fabric flower from Prima Tuscany Collection. Pearls & crystal flourish also Prima. Netting and tulle local supply. Small circle of pearls; Etsy. Skeleton leaf; Crafio.|
|Another side view, same French script stamp as above, the the pearl cluster is actually a Prima flower-centre.|
|The inside of the box is lined with a soft logo monogram of Gucci's logo pattern and I decided to keep that as is since it's got a really nice feel to it. I'm using this box to store my "craft trinkets"... particularly my precious handmade blooms.|
Next up I'll share a little on the process of altering this box... note that I'm only altering the box COVER and not the BASE as the base is a nice shiny laminated black so that's perfect.
Then, I added on the cut-outs of the G45 patterned papers. After that I wrapped and adhered this on top of the box cover. The last and final step (the fun part!) is to add the blooms, glitters, pearls, charms etc, I also trimmed the bottom edge of the cover with a thin strip of black velvet ribbon for that luxe feel ... and we're done!!!
I'm so glad I found this challenge which inspired me to do this. I got to upcycle a redundant designer box into something really personal and precious and USEFUL :) And I got to use those G45 papers I bought ages ago and haven't found a way to use them till now! Thanks LESSology!!!
Thanks for visiting :) Hope this inspires you to dig up some old stuff to alter :)
Now, do hop on to LESSology and check out the other gorgeous altered items by the DT, there are inspirations galore ... I promise! :)