Friday, September 16, 2011

A Cheeky Card for SSS Challenge

Hi again! I've been on a roll with the cards lately! I'm just churning out cards way faster than I can blog them and way faster than I can give them away! LOL :D

Anyway I totally love the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp (SSS). Here is the challenge criteria:
to use a SONG or FILM title as Inspiration 

Well, the possibilities are endless and the prize is amazing; $50 shopping voucher on SSS!!!

My inspiration is MOULIN ROUGE! The 2001 musical featuring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor. So I'm thinking a little retro in red and black with lace, satin and blings! My favorite combination ever.

Here's my card:

My Moulin Rouge card! With cutey tickets to boot! Hehe :P
PP are Pink Paislee's Daily Junque (black) and Cosmo Cricket Odds & Ends (red).


Image is TGF Anya Love painted in Copics. Red oval frame is cut from my Slice Dilly Dally. Tickets are from GCD Studio pp. background pp behind Anya is BG Out Of Print.
The tag is from Webster's Pages 6x6 kit packaging, I just overlay a hand-cut oval (also WP) on top to cover the words. Sentiment stamp is Jillian Vance.
I'm extremely proud of my hand made satin ribbon bloom here! Hehehehe :) If I can master this and make loads of it I'm gonna save me alot of $$$ buying flowers!!! The center is from Prima.

Inside the card. Music note stamp Anna Griffin in Ranger Distress Ink Aged Mahagony. Chandelier stamp Inkadinkado.

Hmmm, it actually makes me think of Burlesque as well! Hehehe ;)

Thanks for dropping by. Hope you like it, this card made me very happy :)

8 comments:

Svet-lana said...

The flower is gorgeous! You have to continue to experiment with ribon, you are succeeded in finding realy good shape. :-)

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Wow what a beautiful card, Marina!! I love the white polka dots and how neat this card is. Beautifully made :))) Enjoy your weekend!!

sandi said...

Wow! This is just beautiful! Love the mix and the inside is gorgeous as well!

Bamboo said...

Good work! Nice.

Jessy Christopher said...

Super pretty! Love the classy - black & red colors :)

Blossom inch said...

this is so beautiful, loving the stamping and the front page, gorgeous indeed!

Mandy said...

Oh wow gorgeous card Marina, I love the flower you've made and the image and colours are just a perfect example for being Moulin Rouge inspired :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our be inspired by a song / film title challenge
hugs Mandy xx

HobbiT said...

Gorgeous bloom!!!!!

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.