Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Once Upon A Sketch September 1st Challenge

I really like the idea of having the YEAR as the title. I'm sure we all have meaningful momentous 'years' which are totally memorable and unforgettable. Well, truth be told I can find something incredible to talk about in just about every year of my past thirty something life... but for this challenge I've chosen 2007, the year of our wedding. Well, this is the obvious choice simply because the photography archive is waaaaaay more exciting than every other year :)

Here's my layout:

Papers are Prima Madeline collection Beautima and some Pink Paislee Sweetness. Transparency doily by Hambly. Background is misted with some pink and brown.

 Here's the sketch by OUAS:


Here's the journaling criteria as per OUAS' blogpost:

Journalling Criteria : A memorable year - Your title must be a year, and you must journal at least 2 lines on why this year is memorable for you. Examples: the year you got married, the year you graduated, the year you moved to a new house/country, the year you started a new job, the year your child was born, the year you lost someone dear. Your journalling can be in any language and any format (written, typed etc)


 Here are some close-ups:

Flowers are Prima with the blue bloomers ribbon from Webster's pages which I separated.

Tiny mulberry roses on wire stems and skeleton leaf are locally sourced. Click on the product names and it'll lead you their respective stores.

Chipboard Frame is Tattered Angels. Blue crystal is from a local haberdashery. Dragonfly brad is Creative Impressions.


To be absolutely honest I wasn't entirely too happy about how this turned out as this is not the typical color scheme I would be comfortable with and I really think I could have done better with different, more suitable blooms... Hmmm, reminder to self to stock up on more blooms of different hues ;)


Thanks for visiting, you awesome crafty friends :)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Marina! WOW, girl, I love your take on Nadia`s sketch! It`s full of gorgeousness! Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS! ~Gerry~

Bente Fagerberg said...

Wow Marina, this layout is just GORGEOUS!
Love all the pretty Prima and Pink Paislee.
So glad you plages along at OUAS!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Marina, this is gorgeous!! Mine is 2007 too!! I had to choose an event other than my recent wedding because I think I have scrapped enough about my wedding ;p Anyway... I love the colors and the beautiful blooms on this page!! That is so pretty of you on your big day...well done!! :D

Irma said...

My best friend is Marina, so I'm already partial to your work ;)
Lovely wedding page, love all the details!
Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

Blossom inch said...

this is gorgeous Marina, lovely page indeed. I like how you interpret the sketch to this beautiful page. The blooms, cluster, photo everything compliments each other and what a beautiful journal too. I am sure you will be picked as one of the winner ha...

sandi said...

Wow! Marina this is just gorgeous! What a striking mix and you've put it together sooooooooooooooooooo well! Amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful page you have made sweet photo and yes the flowers are lovely!
byebye,Lean

Nadia Cannizzo said...

wow.LOVE it! Just gorgeous. pretty colours and awesome take on the sketch. THANKS for playing along with us!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Fantastic take on the sketch! I love the colors and your cluster of flowers!So beautiful!Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

Trudi Harrison said...

Gosh Marina I just adore your take on the sketch. You have worked the colours beautifully and the flower cluster is just adorable!

Natalie said...

Wow Marina, Gorgeous Page
Thanks for playing along at OUAS
xxx

phamil said...

Oh my, what a beautiful and color page, and what a gorgeous photo! I love your blooms. Wonderful job, and thank you for joining our challenge at OUAS!

clmk523 said...

I love the page! I think the colors and blooms work very well!

Ella Swan said...

Gorgeous layout Marina - gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for playing along at Once Upon a Sketch :)

Marina said...

Thanks for all the love! :) Appreciate it :)

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.