Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sketchy Thursdays 9.1 Challenge: Grand Pa

This sketch gave me just what I needed to scrap these small photos of my dad with Lucas.

Here's sketch 9.1 by Sketchy Thursdays:
Sketch 9.1
 Here's my take on the sketch, I know I'm straying off a little, I decide to go with circles so the small pics stand out more. I also moved the title to the top right corner.

It's a very simple layout with a musical theme. My dad is a musician, he sings beautifully. He's always singing to Lucas everytime they meet. Now if only Lucas will inherit those music talent genes :P
Alphas are AC Platform. "Listen" chippie by Creative Imaginations. Inks and mist; TH Distress Inkpad in Victorian Velvet, TA Glimer Mist in Red Velvet and Mister Huey's Mist in Warm Calico.

Tulle trim by Bo Bunny Gabrielle. White lace doiley trim is actual the backing of the actual sticker (Basic Grey), no waste right? :) Other trims local. Blooms; Prima, Kraft tag; Martha Stewart, ticket findings; MM.

Dusty Attic scroll chippie painted in TH Distress Ink Victorian Velvet. The polka dotted effect is made with a punchinella as a mask and distress ink, it's actually the same shade as the chippie but I think the foam pad was 'contaminated' with another shade, but it turned out pretty good :P

Patterned papers are 7Gypsies Paddington's Kilburn and MME's Laundry Line. Background sheet music stamp by Anna Griffin.

I'm gonna surprise my dad with this tomorrow, hope he likes it :) Thanks for dropping by!


7 comments:

clmk523 said...

Gorgeous! Is the base page stamped with the music and polka dots?

Marina said...

Hi! Thanks :) Yes the music notes are stamped but the polkas are made using a punchinella as a stencil/mask and inked over with distress ink :)

Blossom inch said...

lovely take on the sketch and what a gorgeous page you did!

sandi said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous! Love the misting, painting, and stamping! The red material under the pics and the chipboard really looks fab!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors, the distressing and loving the tulle! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown said...

Great distressing and I love all the red! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo

corrie said...

Love the music notes paper! Really cute! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.