Saturday, September 3, 2011

Toys: A Quick Layout & Tutorial

Hi crafty friends! :)  Hope you're having a lovely weekend so far. I'd like to share a super quick LO. I wanted to quickly complete my baby album in time for tomorrow's big party. That's right, the day is finally coming... Lucas turns ONE tomorrow and we have a big party ahead of us! So excited yet so anxious, hope he stays in a good mood throughout the party *fingers crossed* Anyway I did this in less than 30 minutes last night (really!) and it's not only quick, there's no patterned paper involved hehehe :)

These are Lucas' favorite toys at that point, of course at this very moment there are so many more and I'm sure the list will keep growing!

Alphas are AC Thickers (Cappuccino white foam & Sunrise natural), mini alphas are MM, craft tag by Martha Stewart, 100% Cute rub-on 7Gypsies.

White seam binding from Giant, yup the local hyperstore.

These bath toys are a heaven sent, makes bath time so much easier :)  Mini ticket findings by MM.

These are some of his bedtime buddies :)

Well, if you're interested to know how I made this LO so quickly, here are the steps....

(1) You need Gesso (or any other paint, ink etc), cardstock, a paint brush and a mask (I'm using punchinella / punchanella aka sequin waste)

(2) I tape the punchinella on the cardstock so it won't move. Then brush Gesso onto the mask, go lighter towards the outer edge.

(3) once you're done, peel off the mask, quickly reverse it and stamp down onto the cardstock next to where you painted. This was you get a gradual progression of pattern. And it saves your paint too, no waste :)

Taadaaaahhhh ... the end result! Let it dry (Gesso dries fast!) then place your photos and embellish away ! :)

I love how fast and easy this is. It works for this theme because I chose a dark cardstock and I have multiple colorful photos. I didn't want patterned papers to take away the focus on these photos. I'm sure you can find a wonderful way to reinvent this somehow :)

Well, thanks for visiting, have a lovely weekend :)





2 comments:

clmk523 said...

Great layout! Thanks for sharing the quick technique.

sandi said...

this is sooooooooooooooooo cute! Love all the little toys and the tutorial!

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.