Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sketchy Thursdays 9.15: Getting Ready 4 Sun!

Here's my take on this week's sketch, which I thought was perfect to scrap a sunny beach layout with some of Lucas' vacation pics :)

Paper is Bo Bunny's Barefoot & Bliss which I won as a RAK from Scrap-It-Lah's July challenge :) *thanks!!!*
I cut strips of paper and used them as a mask before I misted the background with TA Turquoise Blue and Midnight Blue.
 This is sketch 9.15 on Sketchy Thursday:

Such a bold and exciting sketch! They are having a join challenge with Scrap Fit but I won't be using their criteria (Friendship) for this LO just yet. But thanks to this collaboration I've discovered Scrap Fit so I'll keep an eye out for their future challenges  :)

Here are some close-ups:

I'm using Pink Paislee's Mistable scalloped borders here. Misted in TA colors. The texture behind that is made using 2 layers of medical gauze painted over with acrylic paint. I fussy cut the 'waves' and accented them with stickles. Jute twine local supply.

Tag by Martha Stewart, journaling bits cut out from the collection kit papers.

Water waves effect created using some gesso and a scrapper. The 'seafoam spray' is created using various shades of Ranger Liquid Glue and Stickles. The bottom polka dot effect is made with a Punchinella as a mask, using Ranger Distress Ink Pad Stormy Sky.

Small text October Afternoon, large foam alphas AC Cappuccino.

Check out that sunny smile!!! It took alot of crazy mad song & dance plus jumping up and down to get him to smile for the camera!  Anyway, here he is holding his baby sunblock which we were about to apply on him so we can take him to the beach.
Well, do hop on over to Sketchy Thursday and Scrap Fit and check out this joint-challenge, there's still time and who knows you might win a RAK from both sides with just one LO? How cool is that?

Thanks for looking and hope you have a lovely Sunday :)

9 comments:

lisa said...

Wow that's a stunning LO.
Love your mist and paint work. The mix of colours is really grabbing!
Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays x

knopkiniukai said...

Very beautiful! very funny!
Cherubs

Jessy Christopher said...

Totally stunning! I love all the paint and stamping going on. You are talented!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

What a wonderful take on the sketch, Marina!! You did so well!! Gorgeous design and a stunning page indeed!! Happy Monday to you! xoxo.

mariko said...

Soooo CUTE!!!
Thanks for playing along with ST!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh this is fantastic I adore your sweet child a real ray of sunshine!

Blossom inch said...

stunning page indeed, I love the technique and background dear!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo PRECIOUS! I loveeeeee those photos and love the paint! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

corrie said...

This is awesome. I love it all. Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.