Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cardabilities Sketch #38

I recently got hold of these gorgeous 7Gypsies Victoria 8 x 8 papers. I'm so in love with them right now :) So here's my first project with Victoria ... a baroque themed card with a sketch inspired by Sketch #38 by Cardabilities.

Here's my card:

I'm using 7G's Victoria 8 x 8: papers are Jubilee and Printemps. The tag is a cardstock sticker which came with the 8 x 8 pad. I just layered it on top of 2 more papers and hand-cut it.

I stamped a chandelier (Inkadinkadoo) in black just behind the tag.  Sentiment stamp is Salutations by Penny Black. Mini flourishes on the tag are Amazing by Ali Edwards / Technique Tuesday.
Check out those skeleton leaves! I discovered them at Crafio, an online craft store based in Penang Malaysia. Loving them loads now, so versatile. The pink crystal sparkle seen the earlier picture is also from Crafio. Flowers are Kaisercraft but I misted them to match the card. Flower centre is Prima Sultan centre.
This is the inside of the card. Chandelier stamp; Inkadinkadoo in black. Flourish masking; Tim Holtz's mask with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink pad. Bronze pearl decorative bit from Prima.

I love love love this card because it really echoes the decor of my living area and our black chandelier is quite similar to the stamped one albeit it has less 'layers' :) Hmmm ... I don't think I'll ever give this card away!

Thanks for looking! Have a lovely day :)

2 comments:

beetrice said...

me likey this one - the chandelier stamp is uber gorgeous! :D

Blossom inch said...

Marina, this is a beautiful card. I love the stamping and really gorgeous. Two thumbs up!

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.