Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Altered Jewelry Box

One of the projects I've been busy with lately is this altered wooden jewelry box which I made for my friend Eve, as you can see her name is on the box itself; it helps if you have a short name hehehe :)


Too bad I forgot to take a photo of the original box! Anyway it's just a plain unfinished wooden box.

I actually attempted to do a crackle paint effect but it came out all messy and wrong, thankfully I have the right embellishments to camouflage my mess! Pink doily tape and corner chipboard sticker is BG, Butterfly charm is Bo Bunny Gabriele which was a brad but I removed the brady bit and bend the butterfly.

Roses patterned papers are Webster's Pages 6 x 6 Petite Pad. Alphas are AC Thickers. The lace bloom is actually a handmade bloom and I stuck on a Prima pebble sticker as a center.

The Mulberry flowers and rosebuds are all from a local supplier.

This was indeed quite a challenging project but I'm pretty glad with the outcome. Thanks for looking :)




3 comments:

Kim C said...

Fabulous project Marina! Love it and what a lovely gesture as I'm sure it took a lot of effort! I am always excited to see your new projects. :)

Jessy Christopher said...

What a gorgeous altered box! Love the red :)

sandi said...

Wow! This is simply gorgeous! Love the mix on it and the red ribbon!

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.