Thursday, August 4, 2011

Get Picky July #10: Love Wish Dream

Hi again! I'm back with yet another challenge; this is my first submission to Get Picky and here is the inspiration:

Quoting the blogpost: "This month we have chosen this gorgeous butterfly image to inspire you.  You are free to interpret it in any way you choose..... butterfly papers, embellishments, stamps, the colours.....the sky's the limit as long as you create a multi-photo layout."

So here's my interprretation using 2 photos:

Scrapping some of pre-wedding portraits taken back in 2007. The background is actually a plain rosy off-white cardstock misted with a giant Prima Mask.

Here are the butterflies, in line with the challenge requirement. I have Yuz to thanks for the idea to layer the Monarch butterflies. That girl is just bursting with ideas! The top layer is velum. B'fly stamped images are Martha Stewart.
Love Wish Dream... to capture that whimsical romance of our pre-wedding photos.  Liking the feathers??? They are colored turkey feathers from Art Friend at Gardens Mall. The round butterfly charm is Bo Bunny Gabrielle, it was actually a brad but I removed the braddy part so I can affix it to the ribbon. Title Stamp is Tim Holtz.

The doiley paper is from Basic Grey. Metal charm is MM.

Flowers are a combination of Prima and Kaisercraft.

Here's a close up of the 2 photos; one in B&W and one in color.
Sigh ... my old pre-wedding photos gets me all nostalgic about the sweet young days  (only 4 years ago but feels like AGES!) ... and sadly, I know there's no way I can fit into that cheongsam dress anymore! *sob*sob*

Thanks for visiting! Have a lovely day!

7 comments:

Blossom inch said...

Marina
You make me laugh, reading your post. Gorgeous layout girl, love the misting, masking, the feather, stamping, flowers, perfect pics of you both and everything on the page. The butterfly idea...got to thanks to the BLOGLAND all from blog hopping la and I forget where I pick up the idea. Thanks for sharing this super lovely layout girl. See you soon!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

awesome design and I love your colour combo - thanks for playing along!

Jessy Christopher said...

What a beautiful layout! Love the layout & the butterflies are awesome too!

sandi said...

Wow! Love this! I really like how you used all those butterflies in your lo...they look great along with the flowers!

Gayle Price said...

Hi Marina, thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave your lovely comment. Your LO is beautiful, and you look gorgeous.........don't worry about the dress, I bet you still look beautiful in what ever you will wear.

Keri said...

Love all your layering with the mask & stamps...such a cool look! And love the big satin bow with the feathers & pins too! Thanks so very much for joining in with our Get Picky inspiration challenge!

Treesa said...

great misting and layered butterflies :)

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.