Friday, December 9, 2011

Makan Time!

I was taken with Amelia's December Challenge sketch on Papier Love's blog (Papier Love is our LSS), yet  I couldn't decide what to scrap on but I really wanted to. My mind keeps going cards cards cards, when I see pattern papers, I think cards cards cards, when I sit at the craft table, I envision cards cards cards .... *goodness* I needed that to stop for awhile so I can do a proper scrap. After a few days of futile mixing and matching various papers and photos, the mojo finally hit. Gosh I really hate it when it takes so darn long to come to me, I almost wanted to give up. I hope I'm not losing it! :( So anyway I finally decided on an older photo taken of Lucas during his meal time. These cutesy October Afternoon papers fits perfectly for a boyish kiddy theme.


My LO is entitled "Makan Time" which means Meal Time. "Makan" is a Malay word for eat or rather 'meal' in this context. I think this photo was taken back in May by hubby. Lucas was probably around 8 months old thereabouts.

Below are the challenge criteria and sketch:

Create a 12'X12' layout based on the Sketch above and to incorporate..

1. At least 1 Martha Stewart Puncher.

2. Minimum of 3 Pattern Papers.

3. Any product from Prima.

The challenge starts from 1st Dec 2011 - 31st Dec 2011. Kindly submit your link at the comment section, and if you don't have a blog please email your layout to Macy at kartzplus@yahoo.com. This contest is open to residence/address of Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei.

My compliance with the challenge requirements:
  1. I used 2 Martha Stewart puncher; a border punch and the butterfly punch
  2. I definitely have more than 3 pattern papers here
  3. I used 2 blue flowers from Prima's Romantique collection.
Here are my close-ups:





I'm really quite pleased with this and I'm just itching to scrap more photos now *rubs hands* I've completed a major 8 x 8 album project yesterday (pheewww) and I'm almost done with another 6 x 6 project (this is for my newborn niece, will share soon), after that I'm looking forward to some leisurely scrapping :)

Meanwhile, do head on over to Papier's blog and check out this challenge, play along if you're Malaysian, Singaporean or Bruneian and you could just win an awesome RAK :) Challenge ends by 31st December.

Well, that's it for now, I'm sure we're all looking forward to a nice weekend with our families. It's school holiday season here and the malls and streets are pretty much decked with lots of festive trimmings. Everyone's in a festive mood.... falalalala :)

Happy weekend and God bless!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully gorgeous.. love the design and everything about it :)

Cheryl Leong said...

I love your LO!!!!! hahA.. I'm everything about LOs LOs now... :)

Amelia Khalik said...

Wooweeee...love how u used my sketch! Totally gorgeous layout and amazing details like always! Thanks for playing along..:)))

Jaime Lee said...

Such a good take!! Love your selection of pp and Lucas is so cute! :)

Blossom inch said...

Marina, absolutely a beautiful page and gorgeous pp you have chosen. This is memang cantek and adorable pic of your DS. Fab and stunning!

Cindy Lee said...

Love your layout especially the clustering of embellishments!

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.