Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Color Room Challenge #61

I'm playing along with TCR's pallete #61 for the very first time ever! I love this palette as it's not too girly (I don't get to scrap girly colors cos I usually scrap about my two boys!), so this color combination is simply perfect. I don't actually have anything that matches 100% exactly but I think what I have here comes  quite close.


Here's my interpretation of the pallete, I couldn't use the sketch as I'm working on a single photo and I wanted to make use of the grey Kaisercraft paper I have in my stash. I never would have imagined to use it this way. Thanks TCR for this fabulous inspiration!

The protruding green circle echoes the protruding baby bump!

Heart the Prima crochet doily! The BB Gabrielle butterfly brad goes so perfect with this.

Journal tag made from Slice.

Love the AC fabric thickers alphas!

Can't get enough of the MS Butterfly punch!
Materials used:
  • Papers: Kaisercraft After Five Curtsy, MME Stella Rose Gertie Friends Forever,
  • Embellishment: Prima crochet doily and flowers, Prima crystals and pearls, Bo Bunny Gabrielle Butterfly brad
  • Inks & Paints: TH Distress Ink Pad in Pumice and Peeled Paint, Sticklers in Baby Blue and Eucalyptus, Liquid Pearls in Baby Blue, Buttercup and Silver Pearl
  • Alphas: AC Fabric Aplhas in white, MM tiny alphas in Black, 'BABY' is cut from Slice using the Stella Rose paper.
  • Butterflies: Martha Stewart Royal Butterfly Punch
  • Stamp: Maya Road clear doily stamp
  • Die cut Shapes: all from Slice except the green circle which is traced from something else.
I really enjoyed playing along as I never imagined I could come up with this if it weren't for TCR. Plus, I got to use some of odd stuff I have in my stash.

3 comments:

Jaime Lee said...

Such a good take on the palette. Loving all your details and is good that you give it a try coz I feel nervous too when I first started with TCR palette :) Good try!

Marina said...

Hi Jaime! Thanks for the encouragement and thanks for popping by :)

Chowchow said...

What precious memories and love the composition of the layout.

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.