Friday, May 20, 2011

Memories from my First Job

I found a really old picture taken way back in 1999 when I was a fresh graduate just out of college and I can't resist working on it. The layout is inspired by the latest Sketch challenge on Stuck?! So this is really important to me as it will be my very first scrapbook layout challenge too!

The sketch from Stuck?!

What I used: Pattern paper and diecut elements from MME's Life Stories range. Tim Holtz flourish mask and Distress Ink , Prima flowers and lettering, Jo Sonjya acrylic paint in Olive and TA Glimmer Mist in Hula Hoop. Plus glitter glue and random beads, pearls and ribbon.

Butterflies, flowers, flourishes and lace ribbon works well with the whole vintage feel.

I created my own tag from some lefteover paper and decorated with the stencil mask and distress ink. Used beads as 'bullet points' to add some color. In retrospect I should have used brown ink instead of black for my journaling, would have looked less harsh.
 
Love the 'stamped' effect on the diecut elements. I got the cream lace ribbon from Papier at Curve.
I really enjoyed working on this as I discovered new techniques I haven't done before; combining acrylic paint with glimmer mist on raw chipboard. I also misted the flowers but it's not very obvious in the photos. What makes this special is that this is one of the first non-baby related layout I've done ever since I started scrapping hehehe :)



2 comments:

beetrice said...

hey Marina! popping up just to say hi - so this is what you've been up to huh? :)

love the layout (I almost used the same background on my own site...lol!) and thanks for the ideas...may just get around to scrapbooking someday...*hugz* keep them coming!

Marina said...

Hey hey you! Thanks for popping by my crafty space ... yeah .... as you can see; new hobby heheh :)

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.