Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day Cards

How apt that my first post is dedicated to mothers! The wonderful people who first gave us life!

This Mother’s Day I decided to put my new hobby to good use and surprise my mum and mum-in-law with hand-crafted cards. Before I started, I browsed through endless resources online but was really thankful to stumble upon CardPatterns! They have an amazing collection of card sketches and layouts done by some really creative folks. I didn’t follow any sketch per say but they gave me a general idea on how to work with what I already have in mind. I started with the flower as the centrepiece and worked around it. Mother’s Days are all about flowers and since the real ones are over-priced and doesn’t last a day, paper flowers are perfect!

Here’s a simple card I made for mum-in-law. She is a big fan of anything Laura Ashley. So I figured a simple and structured combination of stripes and polk dots with a Prima flower will be nice.


For my own mum, I decided on something with a garden theme since she loves planting flowers in her garden, so I chose a more dainty design with a single Prima flower with a ric rac for a stalk.


Both cards are made using matching Prima flowers and Prima papers from the Sparkling Spring range (love it when they have matching papers and embellishments!) and some leftover bits of pattern scraps, cardstock and ribbons. I especially heart the pink velvet trim and tiny white daisy trims I picked up at Papier Love at The Curve. I also used Tim Holtz's Distress ink pad in Aged Mahagony for both cards.

I hope these cards will put a smile on their faces; I can't wait to give it to them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your wonderful comments are much appreciated. Thanks for brightening my day!

 

Copyright © Myscrapspiration 2011 | All rights reserved | Blog Design by Krafty Palette.